View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 02:23 AM   #2
aron

Default Re: Need fellowship here

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
My question is, what does the word tell us or show us regarding increasing our hearts toward others? Our love toward others? When we come up lacking, is there any practical way to get more love for others, any instruction God gives us?
There are different ways to look at the same truth. My way is this: as soon as you think about yourself, your heart, your love (or lack thereof) you fail. The Bible is about Jesus: his love, his heart, his faith, his redeeming act on Calvary.

The LSM assemblies have mis-aimed, in getting people to focus on their own selfish "enjoyment", or "making it", or "building the Body" or whatnot. No wonder that they grow weary and dim.

When you see his love to the Father, his hope, his struggle, his patient endurance, and yes, his love towards his neighbour (Peter, John, Paul, and all of us), everything else just fades away. Jesus said, "These things were written about me". Either he was a crank and a megalomaniac or he was Messiah. Take your pick.

Again I appeal to scripture: "He (the Father) rescued me (the Son) because he delighted in me". Know what Witness Lee saw there? Nothing of value. "Move along, folks. Nothing to see here. We've got a church to build." A church was indeed built but it was lacking love because it often came to scripture but missed Jesus.

To see the Son's faith and obedience, up to and including the death of the cross, to see the Father's delight, and validation by raising this Jesus and giving him glory - what else is there? All other possible realities flow from this singularity. There is nothing else. This was Peter's vision on Pentecost and I daresay nothing has changed from that moment to this.

People tell me, "What about the epistles? What about the Revelation of John? What about Ignatius and Augustine and Luther?" I reply, look at what happened to John when he viewed the Singularity in Revelation 1:17. Again I say, there is nothing else. Our hearts don't have enough room for such love. Just gaze on this One, absorb him.

I know that last line sounds a lot like WL, except he dismissed scripture and missed Jesus Christ. Instead we got, God's Move and the Body.