Thread: Women's Role
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #231
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Women's Role

Thanks to Nell and Evangelical for their thoughtful posts.

Just to be clear, I don't pretend to know the heart of the matter in this particular thread. (I just know that head covering, length of hair, etc is not) Furthermore, at the risk of offending any of my brothers out there, I think the heart of this matter can best be defined and expounded upon by the women/sisters out there. I appreciate Nell jumping back into the fray.

Evangelical, the reason I split this thread off from the original is because the original post was posted in the "Introduction and Testimonies" thread, and I wanted to split this off because the subject matter deserved a separate airing apart from and beyond the theme of a thread which has a very specific purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
But then UntoHim said I am talking about leadership in a "different manner" and " you are speaking of leadership in a different manner than Witness Lee taught" and not picking up on the fact that multiple posters, including Ohio and Nell and the person I was replying to was talking about leadership in a "different manner" to what Witness Lee taught. But as I said before, I don't think it matters to the topic at hand on women's role.
Sorry Mr. E, in case you haven't noticed yet, Witness Lee does NOT get a pass (free or otherwise) for his blatant hypocrisy around these parts. Witness Lee was apt to teach a biblical version/understanding of a certain notion, and with the next breath go off the rails and teach a non-biblical, or even heretical version/understanding of the very same notion. Either leadership is not "official, permanent, or organizational", or it is. Leadership "always depends upon spiritual capacity", or it does not. If leadership is not official, permanent or organizational, then you should have no problem with women/sisters taking leadership in an unofficial, non-permanent, unorganizational way. If leadership always depends upon spiritual capacity, then you should have no problem with a woman/sister who exhibits a superior spiritual capacity (relative to the brothers and sisters in her locality) taking the lead in a certain area of service to the church.

Maybe Nell would like to expound and/or expand upon what I've posted here. Again, since this thread is about "Women's Role", I think it is fair and reasonable to let our sisters "take the lead" in this thread.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote