Thread: Women's Role
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 03:53 AM   #154
awareness

Default Re: Women's Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Yes, the distinction is clear. Then why does LSM cite womens' teachings as if they had authority?

See below:

“When I started working in the United States in 1961, I led the saints to exercise their spirit from the very beginning. During those years, traveling from coast to coast, I visited many places. After hearing my messages, many older Christians who were well-acquainted with the Bible and had even gone through theological training came to me and said that they hand never known that man had a spirit. Christians in general are very vague about this matter. The Chinese metaphysics were also quite ignorant of man’s spirit. They divided man into two parts, one part being invisible, which is man’s soul which they referred to as man’s higher form, and the other part being visible, which is man’s body which they referred to as man’s lower form. As last as the turn of this century, there was still a major turbulence aroused when Mrs. Penn-Lewis spoke on the tripartite man, especially in the distinction between the spirit and the soul.” Witness Lee, Messages in Preparation for the Spread of the Gospel p.30

“The fallen mind is corrupt and causes men to resist the truth (1 Tim 6:5; 2 Tim 3:8). According to Titus 1:15, the natural mind is also defiled. As Jessie Penn-Lewis says, “We therefore clearly see how, in the natural man, the mind is ‘darkened’, ‘puffed up’ by the flesh, empty and vain in its thoughts, carnal because governed by the flesh, and in all its activities – whether apparently ‘good’ or visibly ‘bad’ – at enmity with God” Ron Kangas, Mind bending or mind renewing? (a 1977 booklet in reply to Jack Sparks)

http://contendingforthefaith.org/en/...mind-renewing/

“Some people say that no one ever told the American Christians that man has a spirit. This saying is in fact not accurate because in the last one hundred years in America a few famous spiritual authors have mentioned the human spirit in their writings. For example, the diagram of the three circles is taken from the book God’s Pan of Redemption, written by an American sister, Mary E. McDonough. When you open this book, you will see the diagram of the three circles. . . “ Witness Lee, Truth, Life, the Church and the Gospel – The Four Great Pillars in the Lord’s Recovery p 73

I'm sure that we could find dozens of citations like these if we kept looking. My question is, Why does LSM cite women as though having authority, independently presenting "crucial matters" and "great pillars" of doctrinal truth? Do they think their readership is so dull, or insipid, as to miss the glaring discrepancy?

If you go to the LSM website, and look at online publications by title, under 'G', there are only three authors listed: Watchman Nee, Witness Lee, and Mary E. McDonough.
Strong points aron. Methinks Lee failed to tell us that he and Nee were infected with Penn-Lewis's devilish Spirit-quenching Jezebel side. She killed the Welsh revival, and beguiled Evan Roberts' mind. She also believed born again Christian's could be demon possessed. Maybe she was right on that one, like she was with the tripartite man. Seems she knew Christian's could be demon possessed. Cuz she was. Yet Nee and Lee revered her.

Lee made me love her. I read her books. It took leaving the LC for me to discover the truth about her. Lee can't be trusted to tell the truth ... about her or Nee ... or about God.