View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #139
testallthings

Default Re: Putting To Test The Recovery Version

GOING BACK HOME?

THE LORD JESUS REJECTED BY THE JEWS WILL BE RECEIVED BY THE GENTILE

Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. (KJV)

The footnote on Mat. 12:18.3, RcV, says, “ This indicates clearly that because of the Jews' rejection, the heavenly King with His heavenly kingdom would turn to the Gentiles, and the Gentiles would receive Him and trust in Him (v. 21).”

THE LORD JESUS REJECTED BY ALL

Mat 14:1 At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus,
Mat 14:2 And said unto his servants, This is John the Baptist; he is risen from the dead; and therefore mighty works do shew forth themselves in him.
Mat 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife.
Mat 14:4 For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her.
Mat 14:5 And when he would have put him to death, he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a prophet.
Mat 14:6 But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod.
Mat 14:7 Whereupon he promised with an oath to give her whatsoever she would ask.
Mat 14:8 And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger.
Mat 14:9 And the king was sorry: nevertheless for the oath's sake, and them which sat with him at meat, he commanded it to be given her.
Mat 14:10 And he sent, and beheaded John in the prison.
Mat 14:11 And his head was brought in a charger, and given to the damsel: and she brought it to her mother.
Mat 14:12 And his disciples came, and took up the body, and buried it, and went and told Jesus.
Mat 14:13 When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities. (KJV)

Footnote 14:10.1, RcV, says, "In 12:24 the Jewish religious leaders, representing the entire nation of the Jews, rejected the heavenly King to the uttermost. This forced Him to forsake His natural relationship with them (12:46-50). Then in 13:53-58 He was rejected by the Galileans also. Now in ch. 14, Matthew, in his arranging of events according to doctrine, unveils to us how Gentile politics treated the King's forerunner. It was evil and full of corruption and darkness. To this point Matthew has given a full picture of the Jews', the Galileans', and the Gentiles' rejection of the ministry of the kingdom of the heavens."

I am sure the readers of this post have noticed the incongruence of these two footnotes. In chapter 12 the Lord Jesus “would turn to the Gentiles, and the Gentiles would receive Him and trust in Him.” In chapter 13 we are told that Jews, the Galileans, and the Gentiles rejected His ministry.
So did the Gentiles receive Him or not? If, according to Lee, Jesus was rejected by the Jews so He turned to the Gentile, after even the Gentiles rejected His ministry where will Jesus turn? He could just go back to the Father and admit His complete “defeat”. No, wait. He could hide in a boat (the church according to footnote on Mat. 14:13.1).

Imagine that! The Lord of the Universe afraid of rejection! How did he enter Jerusalem? No, not on a donkey, but in a boat!