View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #46
Ohio

Default Re: Putting To Test The Recovery Version

Quote:
The funny thing is that there is nothing specifically indicating that nephilim is anything other than giants. Yes, it is part of the description of the sad state of affairs in Genesis, but without explanation. There is no further indication of why they were giants, or why they were included without explanation among the problems of the day (in Genesis).
That's not true. Read Genesis 6 again, especially verse 4. Or perhaps you don't believe the flood ever happened?

Quote:
But we have this burning desire to make more out of things than what is actually stated. I will admit that there was a problem and that their existence was somewhat hinted at as being generally part of it. But why do we insist on unstated facts beyond the description provided (giants)? Isn't it enough to note what is written without adding what is not?
That is not true. Putting the Bible verses together in order to understand God's judgments of old is the proper study of the scriptures. I have only used what is written.

Sounds like perhaps you've never done this before, otherwise you would not attempt to disparage me for doing so.