Thread: immuno_oncology
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #24
countmeworthy

Default Re: Immuno_oncology

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I remember when I was young this idealism was very appealing to me. I recently brought up the idea they we are living stones to build the New Jerusalem. That hit the funny bone of some exLCers. It is one of the high peak teachings of Witness Lee, that can't be found in mainstream Christianity. But it is so idealistic it's worthless. It's too heavenly minded to be any earthly good. And the New Jerusalem, in Revelation, is not mentioned to be coming down from heaven in such a way. It's another gospel, invented by Nee and Lee.

Same with Lee's theosis, or the idea that we are transformed into the image of Christ. Neither Lee, nor Nee, ever was transformed in such a way, in their entire lives. It's a high peak pipe dream. But idealism does have it's appeal ... perhaps tho, a bewitching (Gal 3:1) appeal.
yeah... the idea of the building up of the church and being transformed was definitely a pipe dream that peaked my interest. I was so lost and had no direction in my life when I got saved, that theosis gave me hope.

And while God's Word has changed my heart, I am not what anyone would consider 'transformed'. I certainly am God focused. And I look forward to the day I get my glorified body with the Mind of Christ being manifested, but I certainly am not there. Maybe I am not where I used to be but have a long ways to go before I achieve my goal of total transformation.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote