View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #550
Ohio

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Yes.

Do you remember when the 60 minutes interview with the Tobacco executive aired? Big Tobacco tried to smear him with a 500 pages of lies, misinformation, distortion, etc. Real journalists tracked down every source, verified every accusation and concluded that it was a smear campaign. Big Tobacco was trying to discredit this key witness before his testimony could be heard, instead they got caught in their lies, and I assume you know the rest.

Liars must be held accountable for every word. I am completely disgusted with Trump, Conway, Spicer and the rest of them trying to walk back what they said. Trump's words were very clear, an illegal surveillance (a la Watergate) at the order of Obama on Trump tower. Trying to spin what was said into anything else is a lie. For a president to do this is not only disgraceful but irresponsible and unbefitting the post. To make this claim and then not support it with evidence is childish and despicable.

The Wall Street Journal called the attack on Wygand as the "lowest form of smear campaign". This is what I see from Trump and his minions. I am not listening to a 3rd party interpret the quotes for me, I can hear it from their own mouths.
Your example does not fit here. Wygand was an individual. Obama has an administration with millions of employees and contractors.

Can you prove that no one in the Obama administration tapped Trump's phones? Of course not, because we now know, via Snowden, that not just Trump's lines were tapped but yours and mine too! Not just metadata, but the whole conversation, sitting in cyber space ready to be mined for evil.

We know it, but can never prove it. But I have already provided plenty of evidence to prove my point. Unfortunately, you don't agree, but that's OK.

To be honest, I did not like Trump initially, and did not vote for him in the primary. To me he was the rude and crude school yard bully. The same goes for many of my friends and family. But the more the media hates on him, spewing their daily bias, spinning everything, the more I like the guy, and the more I like his decisions and his selection of people around him.