View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:21 PM   #59
Jo S

Default Re: Latter Rain, Kingdom Now, & the Lord's Recovery

Aron, I don't want to make this thread about Watchman Nee or Witness Lee. To be blunt, correcting Nee's or Lee's shortcomings will not make them any more men of God and fixing the LC's theology will not make it any more a legitimate move of God. My point with comparing the LC to NAR is to show how deep this runs throughout Christendom.

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of you, even though you've protested and left the LC's, still think it is/was something small and unique. I just don't see that and that's what I'm trying to show here so you all don't feel so small.

The more and more I study the New Apostolic Reformation, the more I'm convinced the LC's are aligned with this movement's spirit and theology if not one of the original progenitors of this more modern phenomenon.

From what I see, the LC's adopt theology stemming from early 20th century Pentecostal thought such as Latter Rain, Kingdom Now dominionism, Joel's army (overcomers), manifest Sons of God (God-men) ect which are the backbone to NAR's doctrine. And of course implementation of the apostolic office (or MOTA).

If you work to remove the cultural lingo and other nuisances from the LC's, beneath the surface you'll find NAR.

If you disagree let me know why.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote