View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #57
leastofthese

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Bro awareness

During the dust up period in mid 2000s I was somewhat neutral and took a mental wait and see approach for the reasons I stated in my last post. I suppose I held out hope that the one accord would win the day including Brother Titus. For me, and later, the leaves changed color with a more careful review of the series of Nigel Tomes articles. I thought, you know, this is Titus’ representative... seriously? Yet, in a sense that was a significant step forward for me... kind of snapped me out of a false hope I was holding onto.

Drake
So by Chu being wrong, that doesn't make the LSM right - but that seems like your position here. I wonder if any that followed Chu thought that he was the next minister of this age - thus still in the recovery?

So to summarize the issues (please correct me)

- Nigel Tomes (who was appointed by Chu) also didn't like what the blended brothers were doing. What didn't Nigel like? Was Nigel a part of the church in mansfield?

- He used church funds for a personal ministry against the will of the church body. How was he able to do this?

- Chu (acting alone?) appointed elders in the church against the will of the other members of the church

- Chu changed the locks on the church he administrated (I assume he administrated or else how would he change the locks?) No one could change the locks on one of my buildings without my permission...

- Chu required a tithe to participate in the Lord's Table (not sure if this means the meeting or act of communion)

- He disparaged the blended brothers (and Lee) - about what and why does this matter?

- Chu didn't seek fellowship from blended brothers (did he seek fellowship from those in the Mansfield church?)

- He was obligated (but declined) to seek advice and council (fellowship) from a group in Anaheim because that was a direct church plant of Witness Lee.

Ohio - is it true that Chu required saints to tithe? If so, what did that look like?