View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #37
HERn

Default Re: Problems with Watchman Nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
I had this thought last night; I wonder what would have happened if Watchman Nee hadn't gone to prison and, instead of Witness Lee, Nee himself continued to head the movement that he began...

Would the Lord's Recovery have looked any different today?

After some consideration, my answer was no, I don't think so...reason being; scriptural tells us that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one and that Satan is the father of lies.

So with that in mind my thought was once you start a "Christian" movement specifically founded on a lie (in the case of the Local Churches, the ground of locality) there's going to be no stopping it's momentum. Because of that lie, it no longer belongs to you (or the Lord for that matter) but it belongs to the world and so it takes on a life of it's own heading on a trajectory that's destined to fulfill the same purpose and objective no matter who's at the helm.

Since the father of lies has an unrealized will himself, the potential's already been established and ready to be carried out by whomever desires to fill it's available positions.

All that to say if it wasn't Nee, Lee, or any of the other Local Church leaders then it would have been someone else in their places. Knowing that doesn't make the situation any less serious but it does help make it less personal, at least for me.

Your thoughts?
Yes, very plausible. I believe the LSM LR is one of Satan's most clever bait and switch operations of deception. Bait them with the all inclusive Christ, then slowly switch them over to allegence, honor, loyalty, defence, and devotion to THE MINISTRY.