Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
Freedom

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrotherinFaith View Post
If you decide to leave, make sure that your experience with the rest of Christianity isn't clouded by what you're used to. Things will seem strange, uncomfortable even. That isn't because they are wrong or have less light/vision or whatever, it's because you're used to a certain procedure. Don't worry, the more time you spend with other Christians you'll realize that they love the Lord and are seeking Him as much if not more, occasionally less than the brothers and sisters in the LC.

When I first started talking to Christians outside the LC this was the hardest part--getting over my up to then unrealized feeling of uniqueness or superiory because I belonged to the LC and not because I necessarily had done any serious study or seeking on my own. Superior by association..
Thankfully, I do have Christian friends outside the LC. I have had such friends my whole life. It has actually helped me to see what other Christians are really like. In fact, I fully realized that many Christians out there are seeking the Lord much more than myself. It has always bothered me that there is the inability in the LC to include other Christians. Of course, they will include other Christians who are willing to fit the "mold". There's a lot I can say about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrotherinFaith View Post
Read the Word of God. And read it without footnotes. Get another translation. I've been using the New Living Translation. The Word comes alive when it speaks for itself and you've not been told how to understand it. It's a lot of work, but it's well worth it.
This is something I have tried to start doing. I have long since realized that at best, the footnotes are just one person's interpretation. In many instances, they amount to nothing more than mumbo jumbo. Sometimes I have to read footnotes several times to even understand what is being said.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote