Thread: Guru Papers
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 07:57 AM   #40
Betsy

Default Re: Guru Papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
"All who have saving faith in the Lord Jesus are welcome to all our meetings, especially the Lord’s table, where we testify of the oneness of the Body of Christ. Although we must, for conscience' sake, stand apart from organized religion, we do not stand apart from our brothers and sisters in Christ. In faithfulness to the Lord, we stand on the unique ground of the church for the sake of the Lord’s testimony. But we do not take this stand with a narrow, exclusive, or sectarian spirit. On the contrary, we take our stand on behalf of the whole Body; we receive all believers even as the Lord has received us."
It all sounds like corporate strategy designed to grow business, and pilfer building material from the competition whenever possible to enlarge and expand the company. When the economy is down, the efforts will become more strident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
Just like the old Canon marketing tag; "Image is everything". Even 19 years after his passing, LSM has an image to project and distribute. Their business is Lee far more than Nee so it's imperative to market Lee as "a humble bondslave", "perfected", etc.
Image is everything, however I was so concerned about the image of WL that I saw on his videos, that I sent one to a body language expert/physician. This expert is not a believer and had no idea who WL was. His verdict : WL showed all the signs of insincerity, much like untrained politicians, used car salesmen or news telecasters.

It's just business, nothing personal. The 2013 tax returns for the LSM shows that they have close to 100 million in assets, they bring in about 20 million per year and 75% of this goes to salaries and expenses.
Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote