View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #96
countmeworthy

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast View Post
I was absolutely appalled when I analyzed those lyrics from my current perspective. Sadly, these songs are practically ingrained in my mind b/c I have been singing them from youth). There are some "classic" songs that I enjoy, but whenever I listen to them, I can't help but connect those to memories of being in the LRC or LRC people. I can't even pick up my guitar or ukelele anymore! Does anyone else struggle with lingering memories attached to or evoked by certain stimuli? It is actually quite a pity.
Hello HoldFast,
I don't post all that often ANYMORE... but to answer your question... hee hee... I have been out of the LC for more 35 yrs !! And sometimes the songs still stick in my head... It is mostly the Psalms. Back in the 70s..we sang a lot of the Psalms. I learned the Word through singing songs and scriptures. I've learned to throw out the dirty bathwater but not the baby. I still have my hymnal and there are a few hymns I will refer to now and then... mostly on the Precious Blood of the Lamb. Many of the hymns are or were sung by other Christian groups.

Now...to an 'antedote'.... what helped me a lot to get the LC music out of my head was listening to Bob Marley reggae music. It is peppy and so what if he was rastafarian and smoked MJ, I used the lyrics to Praise and WORSHIP MY Savior ! Jesus Christ... Father, Son/Word and Holy Spirit.

That was back in the 80s. I haven't listened to Bob Marley's music in years but I still like it a lot. Everyone does... and if they don't...they're old fuddy duddies !

That said... just letting you know what worked for me. I also have learned to make up songs to the Lord. Most of the time they really come from the Holy Spirit ! Other times He will use catch tunes so I can make up my own words. I use Christmas carol tunes and change the words. I don't listen to secular music much..and if I do it's mostly from the 80s/90s and before. So I will make up words using those tunes.

In time the Holy Spirit is going to anoint your hands and guitar and ukelele. You tube some Ukelele music. I love that instrument !

Most of all ask and trust the Holy Spirit to anoint your musical talent and gift a fresh... a new. Remember....God makes ALL things new!

Showers of Blessings and Love !
Carol
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote