View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #45
Koinonia

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox Church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I don't know what is so hard about this to understand, why it has to be so complicated. If a person says "I have no group" it means "I am not meeting anywhere".
If a person says "I have no job" it means they are not working anywhere. If a person says "I have no school" it means they are not going to school.

Let me illustrate what many Christians are like. They say "I have no church, but I am part of the invisible church, the body of Christ".

This is like saying:

"I have no job, but I am part of the invisible workforce".
"I have no school, but I am part of the invisible school".
"I have no wife, but I have an invisible wife".

We can see how the logical absurdity of these statements extends to the church as well.

For us, we interpret "I have no group" to mean "I am not meeting anywhere". That is the correct and proper way to interpret it. Remember that in the local churches we do not see a distinction between visible and invisible church. There is no such thing as an invisible church. That's like saying there is a visible marriage and an invisible marriage. There is no such thing as an invisible marriage. There are many that believe that the real church is invisible and the visible church (even ours, who claim to be the visible church, not a visible sect or visible cult) is not the real church.

There was a time when everyone went to church on Sunday, hundred years ago perhaps. Now, the majority of Christians are living in a delusion of being part of the invisible church while not meeting anywhere in a practical way. I believe the statement "I have no group" is related to this false doctrine. They have the church in theory but not in practice.
Evangelical and Drake,

You cannot have it both ways. You cannot condemn me for belonging to a group, and then condemn me for not belong to a group.

I have fellowship with believers regularly (almost daily) face-to-face and by other means. What is it that you expect of me?
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote