Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
HERn

Default Re: New Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentathen View Post
I would be interested to find out if after having left the LC, have you looked for/found any fellowship similar to what you were hoping to find when you first came into the LC? I've found some, sadly very few, groups who do seem to truly follow the leading of the Lord in a corporate way, without a hidden "clergy" or system that's really organizing things from behind the scenes. I'd be interested in what yours and other people's experience has been.
I don't know how to answer your question because I feel I'm still in transition, even though it's been over two years. I still think about one bit of advice I received re: my initial post. It was something like it's more important to be the "right" person than trying to find the "right" church. I think if I'm the "right" person, then God can blend me with my fellow believers in whatever group they are in. I believe in some ways we as individual believers are the "hands and feet" of God, and that I should be a blessing (I use this word in the widest application possible) to others. Probably 99% of the time I will have no inkling of God's potential impact on others through me; I hope that sometimes it's a positive impact. It's in my culture to prefer the Protestant tradition, and my personality prefers my spiritual leaders to be "thinking" people, but not stuffy. But, I'm positive that the riches of Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of life is found in many places from Orthodox to house-churches. For me the Body of Christ is so much larger than the small group of churches managed by LSM.