View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #117
Drake

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, he that walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks: 2 I know thy works, and thy toil and patience, and that thou canst not bear evil men, and didst try them that call themselves apostles, and they are not, and didst find them false;

I suppose this whole Beyonce thing could conceivably fall under “try them that call themselves apostles, and they are not and didst find them false”. Perhaps it is akin to the picture kindergarten books we use to teach kids to read, the simplest level of a false apostle used to train baby Christians.

But I fear the “leaving your first love” refers to leaving the Jesus of the gospels who came not to condemn but to give life. This is the narrow way that leads to life, we are very strict with ourselves, but lenient towards others. How do you identify the false apostles without leaving the example set by the Lord Jesus? Are you ascribing all glory, honor and power to Jesus? Or are you trying to keep the ark of the covenant from falling like Uzzah?

ZNP,

I am much more simpleminded than you give me credit for.

I believe we must incorporate the whole revelation to understand and apply any part of it properly and effectively. For instance, I wouldn't preach the gospel by telling lost and wounded sinners the Lord is the One with the sharp two-edged sword coming out of His mouth. Neither would I tell Episcopalian clergy that set up this evil Beyonce worship that I "judge not lest I be judged" as a guy named Jesus taught. Wrong message for the wrong crowd. The wounded sinner should be presented with the Savior who gave His life as a ransom for many.... and the clergy that set up this evil Beyonce worship should be presented with the One whose eyes are a flame of fire, whose feet are burnished brass and the one with a two-edged sword proceeding out of His mouth. So my simple mind believes that the Lord conveys what He is, what He thinks, and what He wants us to do based on the context in which He said it to meet a particular situation. He is so wise!

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote