View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #174
Unregistered

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

It is a real miricle that we on this forum are still believers and I believe most of us are. We wrestle not against flesh and blood. It's not hard for me to believe that today. As one poster has often said, how could something that looked so good be so bad? At 84 I have been conned more than once and the feeling is not so good.

I listened to WL for 25 years and to me the worst thing was the bait and switch. And it took me a while to see it was going on. Remember how often he used to speak of the "pure word of God". That was attractive to me. Then later he would hatchet whole chapters of the Bible. He harshly criticized other Christian leaders labeling them as hirelings then charging millions of dollars to hear him speak. but we all said praise The Lord and were so happy. Admittedly some of my trips were fun including Disnay Land an other things.
I have really come to the conclusion that "All the world's a stage" is as true as you can get outside of God and our knowledge Him is not that good. WL was certainly no exception. His act of quiet composure was... I heard him preach the gospel in my locale once in Chinese and it was a riot. Even though it has been over 30 years ago my distinct feeling was , this is the real Lee. Two hours later he had his other facade.

How many elders meetings have we heard of where the real WL spoke when he was venting his wrath. He would boast of himself to us peons but he would only show his wrath to the elders. Strange? It worked for him for 47 years and with the blendeds an additional 18.
Lisbon