View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 10:48 AM   #13
OGOP

Default Re: My situation with the LC

Thank you everybody for the replies, its gotten way more attention than I thought it would. More importantly, thank you for the prayers and offers of counsel.

Quote:
aron: Conversely, we see "And Jesus could do nothing because of their unbelief" (Matt 13:58; Mark 6:5). With anxiety, fear, resentment, you can block God's will from being accomplished. So be at peace. Pray, but pray with rejoicing. Petition, but petition with thanksgiving. Repent, but repent with gratitude. God will move. God loves to move. Let Him surprise you! It all starts with a rejoicing heart.
thank you for the verses. To be honest its really hard to turn to God in a situation like this. Like it just feels weird asking Him for guidance about leaving the only church I've ever known. I agree though, I need to overcome it and turn to God.

Quote:
DistantStar: "I do not wish to make light out of you situation, but I can't help but notice your choice of words for the LC."
Haha no worries, that wording was intentionally chosen to poke a little fun.

Quote:
Nell: On the other hand, the backlash you experienced is only the beginning. It won't get any better than it is now. Can you imagine starting your married life together without telling her the truth about how you feel about the LC? If you can't have that conversation now, when can you? Two or three years later there may be children involved! She will find out how you feel and blame you for deceiving her.
Marriage plans are definitely on hold from my perspective until we can deal with the LC. I'm really worried, she is the nicest most caring person I've ever met and then its like when the subject of the "church life" comes up she's a different person. Its really scary.
OGOP is offline   Reply With Quote