View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
countmeworthy

Default Re: How much is a "Morning Revival"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The more I read your posts, the more I feel that you and brother "J" are much alike in God's life, always willing to help the weak ones like me. Indeed, I am the Asian Mind (haven't read your article yet, will soon) and English is my second language. In a broader sense, it is individualism (western) vs. collectivism (eastern). I remember, my American advisor once asked me a question I'd never forget: "you used "we" quite a bit in your research paper, not "I""? Then, I realized the concept is somehow born to me since I grew up in an eastern environment. So there is the "blended" and "corporate" concept because voting is not allowed. That might also explain a bit why Witness Lee's teaching is quite "followed" by Chinese and Taiwanese. Of course, ethnic factor plays a role too. My friend "J" is a 100% white male, though, a great servant of God. He is probably the only reason I still not renounce my local church affiliation openly, though I don't meet with them anymore. Yes, brother Aron, I will watch Jesus, watch Him carefully, and knowing Him is my way.
Thanks for mentioning the individualism vs collectivism observation ! Many books have been written about collectivism..and movies too... 1984, Animal Farm, the Matrix and others.

never even considered that aspect of the LC. Lee and maybe Nee confused the unity of the Spirit with collectivism. Never even saw it coming. But it all makes sense now.

Also...ask the Holy Spirit to help you get to know Lord Jesus in a deeper way..that you may enter into a deeper relationship with HIM...trusting HIM, depending on HIM...not so much on people's thoughts. Fellowship and Insight from others is wonderful until we rely on them and not on the HOLY Spirit's guidance.

Showers of God's LOVE and Blessings in abundance to you,
Carol
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote