Thread: OBW's Blog
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #45
countmeworthy

Default Re: What is the Main Thing? (Not the Church)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Jesus is the main thing. Jesus is the focus of the Bible, both OT & NT. Jesus should be our focus, not the church. Paul said that his gospel, which he called "the Gospel of God" was "...concerning His Son..."... it was not concerning the church... see Romans 1.

The Gospel, the Good News, is concerning Jesus. I would posit that those who focus on "building" are in danger of building Babylon.

Very good points made Aron. Letting go of the -dogma- "Christ and the church" has helped me focus on God and my relationship with Him through the Living Word, Jesus, operating in me through His Holy Spirit. I read and search the scriptures asking the Lord to give me revelation, insight and understanding where I lack it.

I do not shut out teachings, preaching and fellowship. What I have discovered is if I do not sit under a pastor's teaching or have daily/weekly fellowship with church going friends/brethren, that I am -not- going to die spiritually.

So what if I do not pray with someone everyday or fellowship with brethren everyday??

I used to look for fellowship with brethren daily and opportunities to share the gospel as well. Not anymore. If it happens it happens. The Lord usually brings someone to me without me trying.

So focusing on Jesus, the Word, the Lord has become my priority. :-)

Carol G
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote