View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #216
Unregistered

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery - Joann Casteel

Dear sister in Christ,

I just read your letter regarding you and your husband's experience in the LC.

I posted some on the site "Local Church Discussions." I posted as "Hope." My name

is Don Rutledge.

Your story was so very devastating to read.

I feel to write to encourage and confirm. My heart is so broken for what you have suffered.

I left Dallas Texas in 1986. The church there began in my living room with seven saints in 1971.

By 1980 there were 15+ churches in the Texas Oklahoma region with about 1500 saints.

The Lord's Day meeting in Dallas averaged around 400+.

Witness Lee appreciated what the Lord was doing there. But as we became more and more

a movement with headquarters in Anaheim the blessing began to leave.

The establishment of the Irving training center was the death blow to the area. The

brothers and sister could not see why they should drive 45 minutes one way. They were

right!! Brother Lee and Phillip Lee thought that this peace of property 10+ acres was a sign

from God. It was located about a half mile from the very large DFW airport. Of course

there was a reason LSM was able to buy it for what they thought was a great price. The

airport had been built out from the population in the middle of nowhere. The ministry center

there never had more than about 150-200 attend the life study presentations given by

Witness Lee. They only had one big training there. It was a complete bust. So Witness

Lee packed up and left the little group that had moved to Irving to serve the ministry. The

BOONDOGGLE was left to the Texas brothers. The Lord made it so clear to me

you need to move.

In 1989, I quietly left the LC movement. No regrets, just thanksgivings. Your story just

about took my breath. I am so thankful I missed out on the terrible suffering you and your

husband endured. Surely you are in our prayers!!!

In Christ,

Don Rutledge