View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 09:51 PM   #207
TLFisher

Default Re: "A particular and unique place"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
It seems to me that leadership and members/ex-members are at a standoff regarding this.
I have seen and believe this to be the case between current leaders and former leaders.
One former leader I had spoken with in the past was open if the current leaders repented and that's the same from current leaders.
One current co-worker told me in 2008/2009 that the former leaders need to......explaining to do in no certain terms. Reading their side of the story was probably not what he had in mind, but that's what I provided.
Yes, current and past leaders are at a standoff with the current leaders believing they are God's deputy authorities.
How do ex-members (non-leaders) fit in? I think they go in in living life. Not asking nor needing repentance from current leaders. If it happened great, but it's not going to be a life-changing event. It's a case of one door closing and another door opening.
Question to ponder is what would happen if they ever crossed paths with a current leader? Would there be a feeling of the leader still having authority over them? Or would it be a feeling of "you have no authority over me"?