View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:27 PM   #24
Evangelical

Default Re: New Jane Anderson Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Where does it literally say that "Jesus is the Spirit"? Where does it literally say "Jesus is the Father"? Actually, these were Witness Lee's decidedly unorthodox and even heretical INTERPRETATIONS of what the Lord Jesus and the scripture writing apostles actually wrote. There is a very good reason that no widely accepted, orthodox, evangelical teacher/scholar teaches that Jesus is or became the Holy Spirit or that Jesus is or became God the Father.

Just like your guru you seem to have a big problem with basic communication in the English language. Jane has made it perfectly clear what is the cause and source of the mistranslations. You either can't understand plain written English, or your reasoning abilities are so pickled with Lee's junk theology that you can't understand solid, reasonable and biblical proofs when they are presented right before your eyes.

-
If you think Jane is correct, then please explain how it is possible for the translators to be inspired by Satan for some verses and inspired by God for others? How did it happen? Did Satan enter the translators as they wrote the "lemon verses" and then left as soon as they had finished? It sounds like an implausible conspiracy theory to me.

She has not made it perfectly clear at all. She quotes Bushnell sometimes but most of the time we have to take her word for it. She has not addressed obvious questions that people will raise like the one I just have. I don't think you know the difference between a professional and an amateur - "solid, reasonable and biblical proofs" are what Dallas Theological Seminary produces, Wallace et al. People with degrees, scholarly books and articles to their name, and some degree of reputation. I have not seen anything from Jane on the same level. It would not matter if Jane consulted the experts and quoted them, but she hasn't, probably because they are all men influenced by Satan too right?

Let me give an example of plain and literal and compare that with Jane's approach.

We can say that 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit says plainly, "Jesus is the Spirit"

But Jane can't support her views with such simple bible reading. She has to explain how the original Greek was mistranslated by people under the influence of Satan and how if you change this word here and turn it into a question mark, only then does it mean what she says it means.

She's like a person who doesn't know what they are doing trying to fix a car by taking out a bolt here and putting it there, with no understand of what they are doing, and most likely going to break the whole thing. Like when she turned Paul's command "I would" into a question "would I?", might break the whole thing.

A plain and literal reading of this verse is that Jesus is the Father:

Isaiah 9:6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Strange how every other name means what it plainly says in that verse except the one "Everlasting Father".
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote