View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #180
Ohio

Default Re: Daystar 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL@donnali.com View Post
Some have stipulated that Philip Lee made off like a bandit. I worked with Philip Lee for a year. Was he a bad man? No! Was he a man who lived according to his flesh? Yes! He smelled like cigarettes and more than likely he might have had an alcohol problem. But, I never saw him drink during the day at the office. A man who lives according to his flesh is going to be fleshly, given to lusts of his flesh. Could he have had indiscretions? Perhaps! Did everyone blame Brother Lee for his son? Absolutely! So, tell me, after this long period of time, you all who have children around the age of 40, how well have you been able to control your sons? Everyone assumed Brother Lee would do something about his son. His son was a grown man. Brother Lee was not an elder in the church of Los Angeles or the church in Anaheim? The elders should have dealt with Philip Lee, not his father.
Dear sister Donnali, sorry to be so blunt, but your paragraph here displays excessive naivety.

First of all, no one in the Recovery at the time blamed Witness Lee for having reprobate sons, even though some who have since left would cite Paul's instructions in I Timothy 3.1-7 as satisfactory disqualifications for both Witness and Phillip.

I was active in the LC's for 30 years, before leaving in 2005-06, and here is what has deeply troubled me. Witness Lee told us all during the "storm" of the late 80's that if he "wanted to hire an unbeliever (referring to his son Phillip) as his own personal chef, that was his 'right,'" and we all had to agree with him. Who were we to tell him what to eat? But what Witness Lee purposely failed to tell us was that we too were all required to eat Phillip's toxic "cooking."

For years most of us believed that "the office" at LSM referred to a goodly number of ministry volunteers that transcribed messages, printed books, filled standing orders, etc. After the "New Way" began in the mid-80's, leaders and elders around the world suddenly learned that forced submission to Phillip was paramount to their continuation in the Recovery. Brothers in responsibility around the globe were required to kowtow in forced subjection to the whims of Witness Lee's drunk, abusive, and reprobate son named Phillip. Witness Lee was publicly chastising all the elders for how they "treated his office," while most of the saints were led to believe that their local elders were being rude to the serving sisters at LSM. Talk about deception!

Phillip's dominance over LC leaders, coupled with his molesting of sisters at LSM, is the real reason for the "storm" in Anaheim during the late 80's. Those are the facts! There is no way to spin them any other way! Read all of their accounts. Talk to any of them in person.

But instead of firing his pathetic son, Witness Lee fabricated conspiratorial lies about all of those brothers (like Ingalls, John So, Godfred, Knoch, Mallon, etc.) who dared to speak their conscience, stand up on behalf of the saints and the churches, and to be faithful to their Lord. All of these brothers suffered much for their faithfulness, yet neither Witness Lee nor his son ever repented for all the damage they did to leaders, churches, and the saints. The most I ever heard out of LSM was flippant comments like "mistakes were made, nobody's perfect, let him who is without sin cast the first sin, that's old news, time to move on, you need to forgive and forget, yada, yada."

Have you ever read the books of Samuel? That's not how the Lord treated David. Every man of God in scripture had to repent and take ownership of his failures.