View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #143
A little brother

Default Re: Ron Kangas Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Right. All things considered I think the numbers would be huge. As a young Christian I knew about Nee before I ever heard about LaHaye. LaHaye I encountered when I went to a Pentecostal church, you know, all the tv evangelist stuff.

And we should note that these statistics don't feature on brandongaille.com and others because you won't find them in the likes of Zondervan etc. Well you might find Normal Christian Life in a christian bookstore as you said but the others not so much.
Taking a step back, it is interesting to see how the discussion is gradually carried away. We were talking about the claim of WL as MOTA and you now add the "former MOTA" Nee's works to Lee's credit.

Let me recap again:
  1. You claimed MOTA is the one whose writing is in most circulation
  2. I said Lee's works is not in most circulation
  3. You claimed Lee is MOTA given his books is in most circulation
  4. I provided estimates through available sources to show it is not the case.
  5. You can't give any figures for Lee's books except for the Recovery Version Bible. Not to mention this version is just a minority among the distribution of all bible versions according to available statistics, no one should use the bible's distribution figure as credit for oneself.
  6. You cannot provide me figures of a book by WL that exceeds the 30 millions copy of "The Purpose Driven Life".
  7. You said Rick Warren is not the MOTA because the contents (not circulation) of his book are not as good as Lee's.
  8. You referred to unknowns such as free online distribution. This cannot validate your claim they are in "most circulation". As a matter of fact, I can't either. That's why I relied on available figures in the very beginning to assess the position.

So let's get back to the discussion that MOTA is a bad idea. And Paul, Nee or WL were not MOTA.
A little brother is offline   Reply With Quote