View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 03:54 PM   #8
aron

Default Re: I'm so lost on how to live a normal life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
...getting into the Word and into a non-LSM church life enables one to live much more normally.
One good thing I did post-LC was get active in the community church life in my area. There are a lot of wacked-out Baptists and Anabaptists and every other type and stripe out there, but if you take your time, be careful, pray a lot, and don't "Lay hold quickly", per 1 Tim 5:22 and "Prove all spirits", per 1 John 4:1 and 1 Thess 5:21, you'll find someone whose Christian walk appears quite appealingly "normal", and thus attractive.

It turned out that dreaded "Christianity" was a good antidote to the LC for my pickled brain, and a good venue for me to go on in the Lord. Of course no church is perfect, and no Christian brother or sister is perfected. But don't use that as an excuse to cop out. Rather, that's an opportunity for each of us to serve God, by helping our neighbor. Behold, the fields are white for harvest.

Put it another way, if you want to find balance in your life, find someone who appears to have balance in theirs, and copy them... I like to read, and to peck away on a keyboard, as well, but there's nothing like putting your boots on the ground somewhere; there's nothing like walking into a place "where everyone knows your name", to use the phrase from the tv show Cheers. (I know I'm dating myself here).

If you think about it, the LC was all about isolation and segregation. We created some arbitrary "ground" to separate ourselves from our brothers and sisters. It didn't work. We became peculiar, to say the least. Now, post-LC, we should not repeat the same mistake.