View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #25
Evangelical

Default Re: Witness Lee's church puts a women's virginity above anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
If you google "Witness Lee white red black brown yellow" he used these colors all the time to characterize ethnicities.

Or google "Witness Lee typical American" or "Witness Lee Caucasian Chinese" you will see many references in his public speaking. They're all published and visible on-line. Yet I never heard anyone call him racist. Why the double standard?

Valuing virginity is biblical culture. But the larger point remains, that what was chosen and waved by this ministry, and what was ignored or even panned as "fallen" was entirely due to culturally-sourced biases of the expositor.

Everyone has bias. But the problem with LSM is that they presumed there wasn't any, that the only lc culture was "heavenly culture", that critiquing the ministry was tantamount to rebellion against God.
aron, I am not so PC that I take issue with referring to people by their skin color. That is not what I'm talking about.

What is racist is when a person's skin color is stated to be the reason for something. In this case, Ohio wrote that a person's skin color "is inversely proportional to level of control". In effect saying "white people are this.. "yellow people are that".
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote