View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #10
Baruch

Default Re: New to this Website

Thank you Kumbaya, Ohio and others for your posts! I will definitely take a look at the books listed as resources on the history of the brethren. As a side note, there is a group of Plymouth Brethren in Queensland, Australia who have really taken the idea of "Exclusive" to an extreme level. They won't even eat with anyone else but other members of the group. They number about 40,000 and are very controversial in Australia.

I have a question about the "Shouters" in China. Did these house churches eventually grow out of the remnant of the Little Flock members who stayed in China after the communists took over? The government considers them a cult and there is conflicting evidence as to whether they are connected to the local churches (I assume the church in Taipei). Of course there are thousands of other house churches in mainland China in addition to the government sanctioned Christian churches. I read that there was a tremendous Christian revival in China after the cultural revolution and there are probably as many born again Christians in China as there are in the U.S.
Baruch is offline   Reply With Quote