View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 08:41 AM   #346
aron

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
One more comment on this, then I think I'm done as I have little heart to engage in endless whatever. Justification is toward sin - it cleanses the vessel and makes it right/fit for filling. Then, after being saved by His death, there is the much more of being saved by His life. So there are both these aspects.

Peace.
The "much more" and "his life" and "filling" are perhaps dependent on obedience to our Master. If by faith one does what the Lord (gk: 'Kurios') wants, the Holy Spirit will come alongside. Just as Jesus obeyed the Father and lived by the Father's life, so we are to obey Jesus, and live. This is our "eating", our "being filled" unto all the fulness of God.

James 1:1 says, "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings." What does a servant do? They obey their Master. Pretty straightforward concept of relations seen in consistent patterns of action. The Master commands, the servant obeys.

Regarding food - it's interesting that Jesus said to Peter, "Feed my sheep" and in the first few chapters of Acts we see Peter giving actual food to actual hungry people. Not selling tracts and booklets on how "mystical" it all was. Peter was obeying Jesus: feeding Jesus' sheep meant giving food to people. That's God's economy, which is in faith. "Freely give to those who can't pay you today, and you'll be repaid in the resurrection of the righteous."

Last edited by aron; 02-22-2021 at 12:53 PM.
aron is offline   Reply With Quote