View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 05:21 AM   #466
Cal

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Both Lee and the Blendeds have called dear brothers like John Ingalls et. al. "Lepers," implying that they are so deathly sick that even their families should not sit at meal with them.

The Blendeds publicly stated that these "lepers" should have their houses torn down or re-plastered.

How can Drake continually protect these characters, and yet claim we are tossing "ad hominems" unfairly.
They call brothers "rebels," which the Bible prohibits. Ron Kangas in a public message called Steve Isitt a "man of death."

But if I say to Drake, not behind his back but to him, as a challenge, you are full of it, giving him a full chance to respond, then he goes off on a fastidious tangent. Classic straining gnats and swallowing camels to avoid what's really important, which is being accountable for a religious entity which has damaged thousands of lives, and which he continues to try to protect with his incantations.

Religious hypocrites, when pressed, hide behind outrage and indignation. Did you ever see the Lord do that? Did he ever run and hide behind fastidiousness when the going got rough? No, he didn't blink an eye. Jesus lived with the people, he didn't cower behind religious doors and squeamishness to avoid an accusation. He came right back honestly and straightforwardly.

So I'm sorry I offended some people's dainty sensibilities with my language and descriptions. But serious times require serious measures, and I humbly suggest you folks are going to have to man up and get over it, and not run and hide like a bunch of little girls who might get their dresses dirty.

What does it mean when you say people are full of it? I'll translate for those who are too fastidious to see the point.

It means they:
Are dishonest.
Are duplicitous
Are not forthright.
Equivocate.
Speak with forked tongues.
Speak in half-truths.
Hide the truth.
Don't tell the whole story in order to make themselves look better.
Cover up scandal.
Lack integrity.
Are cowards.
Are hypocrites.
Say one thing and do another.
Are arrogant and self-important.
Think more highly of themselves than they ought to.
Do not know how poor, blind, naked and miserable they are.
Do not deserve respect.
Are worthy of derision and mockery.
Are pompous. That is, "affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important." If that doesn't describe the BBs, I don't know what does.
But somehow, none of those quite say it like saying someone is full of it. Which is why I said it. The best way to puncture prideful pomposity is to pop it with a pointed irreverency. It asks for it and deserves it, and just about everyone enjoys seeing a hypocritical windbag get deflated.

Who knows? I might be next.

So, please, stop straining ghats and swallowing camels.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote