View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 03:26 PM   #14
Freedom

Default Re: Recovering a Pure Testimony of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Singing songs about the church life - not about Jesus?
Living to go to the meetings - not living to Jesus?
Hacking the Bible - dangerous!
an oracle - not scriptural, its always plural
the minister of the age - never singular in the New Testament, unless we are talking about Jesus

That's degradation, not recovery. True recovery is OBW's list and the list of fruits of the Spirit. We have been measured in the balance and found to be lacking. Oh Lord! Help us!
It's interesting to think that at one point in time, songs such as "We love the church life" or "Splendid church life" seemed so addictive to me. There just seemed to be something compelling about declaring how much we loved the church life. It's hard to understand why anyone would want to do that, but it is seen all over the LC.

It is probably mostly a matter of LC members finding ways to make themselves feel good about the movement that they are involved in. There are some well-known hymns in the LSM hymnal like "How I love Jesus", but for some reason these types of songs aren't sung much. The gospel of Jesus is viewed as the "low gospel". The so-called gospel of 'recovery' is viewed as the "high gospel", and in many respects it involves worshiping a man and a movement, not Jesus.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote