Thread: Testimony
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #27
Ohio

Default Re: Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeitherFirstnorLast View Post
Brother Ohio,

I see that there appears to be agreement amongst those posting here that the third Temple must be rebuilt for this prophecy to be fulfilled... I too once held this view; but I am not sure of it anymore.

There are a number of reasons for this - The first reason being spiritual: I cannot believe that any sacrifice offered up in any third Temple would itself not be an abomination in the eyes of God - for it would represent a rejection of His all-atoning sacrifice for His people everywhere.
Brother NFNL,

I agree with this point. Spiritually speaking, the temple is a vanity. God used the Romans to tear the last one down, He refused even to do that Himself.

The temple sacrifices will be useless for their atonement without belief in the real Lamb of God. Nevertheless, the prophecy indicates a third temple will exist. It also seems like the support for building the temple may come from an agreement with the Beast himself. How ironic is that? The Beast will protect them from all the Moslem haters. How incredible that will be! It's no wonder they will be fooled by him. What a short-lived and false sense of security that will be! Who needs Messiah when they got such a lovely Beast on their side?

Israel dwells in total blindness concerning the Messiah, and it will take the threat of total destruction, the temple abomination, the collapse of their military, and the sight of the pierced Lamb of God, Jesus Himself, saving them, that will finally turn some to believe.

Through the hardness of the people of Israel, borne out for thousands of years, in the end we will all say that God was still faithful to His promises.