Thread: Fundamentalism
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #1266
Jesus4Me

Default Re: Fundamentalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
OBW you have a very realistic approach to the Bible, without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

It's the belief that the Bible is inspired that I have a problem with. I don't even know what it means.

I know people say things like, "I was inspired to write that book," or that thesis, or some other form of art or craft. It could be said, I'm even inspired right now, to write this.

Is that what is meant when it is said that the Bible is inspired? Then I can relate. But it doesn't rise to 'inspired' beyond that.

But that's not the meaning of inspired I grew up with. Then, and in the LC, inspiration of the books of the Bible rose to the level of magical inspiration; like God was controlling the authors hand, to write each jot and tittle.
He may help you understand this in the scripture as confirmed by scripture.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus confirmed the scripture as containing God's truths that no one can alter it because they do not like what the scripture says.

John 10:35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

At this link below; is a list of Bible scripture testifying to the fulfillment of scripture as well as how believers looked to the scripture for confirmation.

https://www.biblegateway.com/quickse...qs_version=KJV

So when it comes to teachings from any one, we are to trust Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd for proving all things by Him for discernment.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Quote:
It took me a long time to discover how the books that are considered inspired were selected to be the authoritative and final books of the canon.

So in the end, all the books considered to be inspired turned out to be was books selected by uninspired men to be so.
Why were some of the books left out? Because some ran contrary to scripture. By including those books left out, it would be making the accepted scripture questionable in finding God's truths on a matter.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

There cannot be a lie in the Bible wherein it can mislead others away from following Him.

Take the Book of Enoch. In it, it testified to a section in Heaven where elements of creation were being punished because they did not come about when God told them to. That goes contrary to this verse below.

Isaiah 55:11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

So the Book of Enoch is saying God is a liar in Isaiah; so the Book of Enoch, supposedly written by Enoch before the world wide flood, really?.. is a fraud.

Another lie is testifying how fallen angels mingeled with mankind to produce giants which happened to be spirits.

Jesus testified to what God says a marriage is; between a man & a woman as it is God that is joining the two to become one flesh.

Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

So no matter how many same sex marriages are "legalized" in the USA, they are not "married" in God's eye; and the same can be said for "fallen angels" as if they are the "sons of God".

Plus:

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So then... those giants are not spirits nor were they conceive by fallen angels, because God would never join them for women to be called "wives" to them in His words. See how Jesus's own words can reprove and confirm this edification by the scripture.

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

If God will not join angels in marriage, then neither will He join fallen angels in marriage to be called "wives" to them in His words, and the offsprings are noted to be just men, even though giants were born to them in those days, but aso men of renown and so it was just men as God ordained by His words for living things to reproduce after their own kind.

Genesis 6:1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. 5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

So the misreading of the "sons of God" being fallen angels is to be corrected as it is of the line of Seth since the whole point of referencing the sons of God is for Israel's family tree; their roots in the O.T.

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Wherein now; in the N.T., the sons of God are the believers in Jesus Christ.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Granted, scripture will profit no one anything at all if they are not leaning on their Good Shepherd for understanding His words as well as using His words as meat for discerning good & evil by them.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Jesus4Me is offline   Reply With Quote