Thread: Fundamentalism
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 11:35 PM   #1064
zeek

Default Re: Fundamentalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I'm not buying your premise that zeek used the phrase in a "respectful" way.
Making an issue of my alleged attitude is just a diversionary tactic to get the focus off of the truth of the NT proposition that Jesus is putative savior and hence messiah of the cosmos i.e. the universe. Even Witness Lee taught the world was the cosmos. "The world, the cosmos, is composed of many ages." (Life-Study of 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, Chapter 20, Section 1) and that through the cross Jesus saved the cosmos. “In His flesh” Christ terminated all the negative things in the universe (Satan, the devil, the enemy of God—Heb. 2:14; sin—Rom. 8:3; John 1:29 "The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him and declared, “Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the cosmos!" ; the flesh of fallen man—Gal. 5:24; the world, the cosmos, the evil system of Satan—John 12:31; the old creation represented by the old man—Rom. 6:6; and the separating ordinances of the law—Eph. 2:15).(Crystallization-Study Outlines—Ephesians, Chapter 1, Section 3)

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote