View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #298
Ohio

Default Re: The unfolding revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
People got hurt in the LCM, and that became my incentive to speak up on their behalf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
But it has to be God speaking through you.
Each of us is on our own journey. I spoke up because others were hurt and, due to bad teachings, they remained quiet. They left the program quietly, leaving the rest of us with only insiders to explain what happened. For years I believed them, except for a little hiccup back in the mid-80's related to Phil Comfort.

Then about 10-12 years ago, "it" all hit the fan. I was badly beaten up by my leader in a fit of rage. LSM was breathing out threatenings toward TC and the GLA. A close friend was brutally shamed by TC, leaving the full-time work completely. Then I read Thread of Gold and Speaking the Truth in Love. My eyes were then opened to the abuse I had witnessed to for 30 years, and I then reached the conclusion that this program, which I gave my life to, "produces bullies out of beloved brothers." The disease was systemic and apparently incurable due to deep-seated pride.

I began to speak for others who could not or would not. Initially I was chastised by those who knew me, but I think eventually some of them even realized what I have said was right. For years we talked God, love, oneness, church, etc. yet in the end, we didn't even know how to treat one another with common courtesy.