View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #253
Ohio

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmnibusCaritas View Post
Yes, I have read S&A. Was taught it from young. Plenty of respectable Christian leaders teach this so we need to compare it with scripture. I must decouple my own anti-authoritarian sentiments from Biblical teachings. Maybe Nee was a despot and maybe that is wrong. I'm not too sure if it must always be so in all forms of LC experiment.
Nee's primary (at least the most often repeated) prototypes were Moses and Noah. Both of them had detractors in their own family who were judged for "speaking out." IIRC Meriam had leprosy for 7 days and Ham (really Canaan) was judged by Noah. The message to us was clear -- no one was exempt from condemnation who spoke an opinion about God's chosen vessel, not even one as close as a family member.

I see nothing in the New Testament which likewise identifies an individual as God's deputy authority, even though Rome used Peter and Anaheim used Paul. Moses never was a type of any NT minister, rather he was a type of Christ who built God a house. (Hebrews 3. 1-6) Jesus Christ alone is qualified to be the Minister of the Age, the Pope, the Oracle, the Acting God, the Vicar, or whatever title one might use. All other NT authorities are subordinate and plural in number.

Looking at Romans 13, it seems that our submission in this age to secular authorities far exceeds that of church authorities. (Hebrews 13.17)