View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #56
OBW

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
In general, though, we should always have a loose grip on all our supposed understanding of things, pre and post-LC. Someone once said that wisdom is strong opinions loosely held. I think that applies here.
And that is the key to successful living within the broader community of believers. The less important the mental gymnastics are and the more important our personal living and sanctification are, the better we do. And when we do that, it is a lot less important to dwell on "God's eternal purpose" or "the sevenfold intensified Spirit." Whatever those actually mean is what they mean. If it is important to us, it is in terms of the landscape of our real life, not the head-scape of our mental gymnastics.

Therefore, the whole point of knowing it as we were taught in the LRC is suspect. They knew the stuff for the purpose of having the "best knowledge." But what we know about anything that is not changing our actual lives here on earth on this very day is mostly unimportant. And if it is only changing our ability to have great meetings where we impress each other as we say magical words over and over to each other, then it is equally unimportant.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote