View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #557
Lisbon

Default Re: Agape Leadership - Robt Chapman of the Brethren

I never knew Darby, Nee, nor Lee, but I heard about them for over forty years and never had the slightest feeling that any of them ever loved anyone except themselves. Of course I never heard any of them except Lee but he had a testimony. You followed him most carefully or you were kicked out. He could not suffer any criticism, opposition, and his closest minions were the same way. You cross Benson or Ray, you had to leave. I had no such realization about Ron Kangas.

Two items of truth badly missing in the LC are love and repentance. The whole New Testament began with John Baptist preaching repentance to everyone. This was almost entirely neglected in the LC to my realization. I heard some tapes in early 70's based on repentance from John's epistles. They were powerful speakings but do you know I never heard of them again.
I heard alot about the pure word of God in early 70's then not. Bait and switch. So to my realization there was never any repentance, pure word, love, humility, what else. I was taken in and have no one to blame but my self.
Some on this don't think there is much problem with much of Christianity but I'm not one of them. The real church went down hill by 70 AD or if you like CE, and there has been little change since. I stongly believe in God's sovereignty that caused Paul to write "know that all Asia has turned away from me" and then John confirmed it I suppose later with his speaking about the seven churches. And like Israel never lasted one hundred years without backsliding niether has the church of Christ.

I have just been involved with two sects, AOG and the LC. The AOG was organized in 1914 and by 1954, it was going south. My kinsmen wouldn't admit it 40 years ago, but they do today. I am confident there was something of the Lord there 75 years ago. I can't be that confident about the LC. My minister spoke Sunday about David from one of the Samuels and admited David was a flawed person but God still used him. Clearly he repented with much anguish over Uriah and had a life of trouble with Absalom and others. He demonstrated a strong desire for the Lord in writings that Lee doesn't care for. It would seem Lee has had as much problems as David with not one word of repentance and not caring for his so called flock.
Lisbon is offline   Reply With Quote