View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #29
Curious

Default Re: They actually try to defend the way Ron Kangas spoke about his wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I grew up in this church. It took tremendous courage to #walkaway @ 18. I have spent many hours to re-write my brain from the deleterious effects of this wicked cult.

As a woman, I was diminished and treated as a second class citizen. Taught that I was nothing, had no value, was separated from my sexual nature which I severely repressed. I was taught that I would have an arranged marriage some day. I was taught never to question the teachings, to be 100% obedient to all the adults in the church. The older women teach the younger women how to be afraid, how to hate themselves, how to be very afraid of people not in the church, how to hate their bodies, how to not turn into Eve, Jezebel and be more like Esther.
Dear friends. It would seem the idea that a woman is ‘nothing’, stated in the words of Ron Kangas, may indicate more than him just ‘shooting his (most venerated and perfected) mouth off’. I found the reference above in a thread ‘A Sister’s Testimony’ amongst the ‘Introductions and Testimonies’ sub-heading on this forum. It repeats RK’s words on shepherdingwords.com, but before they were posted there, before he spoke them too I think.

I find it interesting that her words indicate RK was indeed speaking of the policy of the local churches regarding the value taught to women. I think it may have been aron or Ohio posted somewhere, amongst many testimonies, patterns emerge. Those patterns reveal what is really there.

let this be another testimony to add to the exposure of their internal orthodoxy of the belief that 'women are nothing.'
Curious is offline   Reply With Quote