View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #80
countmeworthy

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
No one was the same after Daystar. WL has said that the recovery lost its virginity. At least there was a loss of the Lord’s presence and the glow that had been with many began to fade. The simplicity and purity was gone. LSM became a business. Fees were charged for conferences. Some who served full time began to receive a salary. Churches, elders and saints began to be evaluated based on their “usefulness.” The push for “good material” began. We had a call for the gospel song that had a line that went, “To the beaches, the parks or where ever we may.” This song ceased to be sung. The highways and byways were replaced with go the campus and bring in the good material. So. California was never the same in spite of great effort to recapture the era of blessing and glory.
Hope
Well...there's PART of my answer on how one moved up the LSM/LC totem pole. Churches, elders and saints began to be evaluated based on their “usefulness.” It never was about true 'growth & maturity in Christ' was it?

The more I read about Lee, the more I see what a complex person he was. Seems like he was really torn between serving/honoring the Lord and the call on his life AND living in the flesh.
You wrote Lee said the Recovery had lost its' virginity. Who did he blame? Was he not at the HELM of the 'Recovery'? Did he not take any personal responsibility for its' demise? Did he care more about the organization than the LORD HIMSELF?

And how could he write the Life messages which spoke so much of the LORD Jesus? (But they also spoke a LOT about 'the church'---the LC church)
How true it went the way of the campus way....it still holds true today...what a shame. I'm so glad God has not given up on the older people. I've led my high school best friend to the Lord who is in her 50s. And I've led the parents of another friend who are in their 80s to the Lord too. (NOT tooting my horn here...just making a point God still is after and loves 'older people' not just the college 'good material'.) Btw, I'm a college 'drop out'. ...and so are my friends I've led to the Lord.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote