View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #11
Freedom

Default Re: Eastern Lightning/The Shouters and the Local Church Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Brother's & Sister's we should keep are gaurds up even here in the USA of this group, of there deceptive ways of trying to take in control of are Local Churches. Ive even noticed in some Messianic christian groups it has subtley sneeking its way in
I don't know much about the Eastern Lightning/Shouters, but I have always been bothered by the supposed relationship with the LC.

Now and then over the years, I have heard LC leadership attempt to reiterate that we are in no way related to the Eastern Lightning/Shouters. What I have failed to understand is if that is the case, then why would there be the need to say that in the first place? In other words, if there was no relationship whatsoever to the LC, then why would people think that there is some connection?

From the research I've done, it appears that these groups are indeed offshoots of the LC. I think the relationship to the LC is "distant" enough that they are not commonly associated with the LC, at least in the U.S.

The way I feel is that these offshoot groups don't form for no reason. I think that certain things about the LC can lead to groups like these. For example, no one can contradict what WL says, and he is an unquestioned authority in the LC.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote