Thread: The Park Bench
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #20
OBW

Default Re: The Park Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
. . . . They are more worried about offending the church and their founders than grieving the Holy Spirit, a far more serious offense and something they ought to worry about !!
This is so true.

Well, mostly.

I say "mostly" because the offense to the church is on their part. They offend it every time they insist that their sect is, like Pope Benedict said, the true church while everyone else is sort-of-church. Wounded church.

Not picking on CMW here. We all do it. We still find ourselves saying things like we learned it so many years ago. I keep discovering the levels of garlic stuck in my nose after these 26 years of outward freedom from their ways.

We need to quit reinforcing their warped view of what the church is. When they say "church," they are speaking of something that is not consistent with so many things that the church is. When they say "body," they would elevate a section of colon to the status of "the proper body" without need for the rest of that body.

If we quote them, it is OK. But we should not say what they say as if it is true. The only ones offended are those who are either of the hierarchy of the LSM/LRC, or are so steeped in it that they consider themselves to be the sole owners of the status of "church," "body," "saint," etc. Some will back down when confronted on this. But it too seldom pricks their consciences as being a proof of sectarianism.

BTW. Loved the story, Nell. Even if I had such an experience, it would not be written in such an engaging manner.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote