View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #334
aron

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
This topic "One Publication" could be stretched to include LSM's control and suppression of all information in the LC's, but do try to abide by UntoHim's requests. It's hard on me too.
I felt ZNP was spot-on, in that the exception proves the rule. He read what he wanted to, and was open about his opinions about the reading material that was being presented in church, and was ostracized for it. The One Pub Bull was the formalization of long-standing practice. As much as they try to "spin" it as a publisher saying what it would and wouldn't practice, it's all about tight operational control, including what people read, think, and say, and ZNP is Exhibit A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Trapped, your story also has tremendous value to help others like myself understand what happened to our children..
Amen from this corner. We don't want to make one person the voice of a generation, but hearing a testimony from a quiet generation helps us so much! It's like the Father is saying, Hey, pay attention to these people... the LSM system makes people invisible - repeat the ministry, or be silent. But we know that the Father sees, and hears, every one - your voice is priceless. Peculiarities and all, it's from God, and may it encourage others to speak/write as well. The only way you learn how to use your voice is by exercising your voice.

I've said this before - when you are young (6 - 8 years old) you get fed and clothed by behaving, by doing what you are told. Sit in the chair assigned to you. Don't speak until it's your turn. You eat what they put in front of you. But at some point, you should begin to venture forth, to be able to try new things. The LSM system keeps people in perpetual infancy. Your ability to think, to problem-solve, to have an opinion, and to modify it, are all sharply curtailed. Just so a book publisher can sell more copies. It's simply wrong.