View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #194
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Now's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Well. I see what you are saying ZNP to a large extent but not completely. On this last point above Luke 22:3 says “Satan entered into Judas” that is, Satanas, the adversary of Christ and God, eiserchomai into Judas. In the same way that Jesus eiserchomai the temple in Matthew 21:12.

Also, though we may learn from the incident I don’t really think we have to “deal with Judas”. You probably mean metaphorically yet I miss the point of the metaphor.

Drake
There are many verses in the NT that discuss identifying and dealing with the false prophet. Judas is a type of the false prophet that will come at the end of the age. Having him as part of the gospel story helps the believers. Now it is easy to see that you can be in the midst of God's move on Earth and even so, one of the twelve is a false prophet.

Whether Satan "enters" Judas as a Spirit, or whether the Spirit of disobedience was "operating within" Judas, what is the difference? I don't really know if that distinction is defined in the Bible.

Now this goes back to one of the other questions I asked. When Judas hanged himself I think we would all agree that was not Satan being crucified on the cross. So if Satan is in Judas, but not in Jesus, why was Satan crucified (or judged) on the cross?