View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #46
Ohio

Default Re: Major Errors of Witness Lee’s Teaching (Nothing against the “person”)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
In any case, unless you have some kind of proof that the Bereans believed in sola-scriptura and that was the reason they were "more noble", the Bereans were just oral and written -tradition Jews like everyone else.

I note that you are not trying to refute this position, not even using Google. It seems your word alone is authoritative without providing any sources. All you can do is say how I interpret everything according to Lee and saying I am clueless.
Just like with the Noah/Ham/Canaan curse, you seem obsessed with arguing points for which the scriptures are entirely silent. The Gospel which Apostle Paul brought to the cities of Philippi, Thessalonica, Berea, and Corinth was entirely based upon all the promises of God concerning the long-awaited Messiah. The entire Old Testament focuses on these promises. The Book of Acts makes this abundantly clear. Read all the gospel messages recorded in this book! Not just Paul's but Peter's also. They all center on the Christ of God.

Who cares whether the Bereans would classify themselves as "sola scriptura?" Who cares whether or not we now have adequate proof concerning classifying the noble Bereans "sola scriptura" or oral- and written-tradition Jews like everyone else?

Isn't this what LSM has long taught us? The plain story of scripture is never enough. We must "recover" the hidden story, that which every other Christian has missed for two millennia. Then once we find this long lost hidden meaning beyond the printed page, we can then proceed to condemn all of poor, poor Christianity for being fallen, degraded, shallow, and blind "moo cows."