View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #61
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Conflict of Interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I guess the story we got sold was that WN got "perfected" under Miss Barber, and thus after that he didn't need to be under anyone's authority. He was only under God. WL, henceforth, sold himself as WN's sole deputy.

Conversely, the argument went that WN was under a vision, a hermeneutic, and WL likewise was under this vision. Again, therefore, they didn't need to be "under" anyone. They had a vision straight from the throne, and if you wanted to be right with God, so the story went, you had to be under Nee & Lee. The divine hierarchy went: Jesus Christ, then WN, then WL, then whomever WL chose at his right hand.

Thus, if PL was under WL, you had to be under PL to be right with God. So you ended up with an organization of christian brothers, scattered here and there, each waiting for a phone call from "the office" in Anaheim to tell them what God's next move on the earth was going to be. Ultimately, the fruit borne by WN's 'authority' teaching revealed what its source was.
I was never sold this story. I heard RG develop this line of reasoning but felt he was cracked, however it was never put forward in such a way publicly as a sanctioned teaching. This was Ray's personal "light". Perhaps later on it was a sanctioned teaching, but I never heard it.

I did meet PL, sent from WL to the church in Irving at the time of the building. There was no way anyone could tell me that "I had to be under PL". I lost a little respect for RG that he didn't see it the same way.

I was sold on the idea that WN was a "true man of God" but never heard the "MOTA" exposition at the time. That view has been tarnished recently, and perhaps in the final judgment will be corrupted even more, but I'll leave that to the Lord.
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote