View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #30
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: My Views and Stance on The Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I take comfort in realizing that the fact we have to worry about being isolated or labeled a "rebel" clearly indicates that something is wrong with the LC. I know that I have a lot of mixed feelings about it, but when I try to look at it objectively, it isn't so hard to realize that I need to leave.
This is a huge insight, especially for someone who is still within the LC fold. Frankly, you are miles ahead of many of us, even after we had physically left for months and even years. This is one of the main reasons for this forum's existence - to have a safe and open place to "process" the thoughts and feelings you have while you go through a very difficult transition. One thing to always, always keep in mind....You are NOT "leaving the Church". You cannot leave the Church anymore than you could leave the Body of Christ. In fact the Church, the Body of Christ is waiting with open arms to accept you, to help you, to protect you. This took me YEARS to realize after I left. But there is no reason for it to take so long for you and Truth.

May the Father of lights, in whom there is no shadow of turning, grant you his wisdom and understanding. May the Lord Jesus, the Great Shepard, lead you and comfort you. May the Spirit of Truth guide you into all truth.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote