View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #36
countmeworthy

Default Re: My Views and Stance on The Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
I have a love-hate relationship with the "Recovery church life". I love it because I have way too many friends and loved ones in it. And I love all my brothers and sisters in the Lord (whether in or outside of the Recovery). Yet I hate the system so much.
Sorry you are stuck between a rock & a hard place TRUTH. A close look at The LSM reveals it is no different than any other church organization. While you are in that church, some to many people become friends. Once they leave, rarely do they pal around. Just like office workers. People are 'friends' at work but outside work few friendships really remain intact.

A true test of friendship is if you are able to open up to those you consider friends and tell them you have a love-hate relationship w/the RcV. Same goes w/your loved ones (assuming they are family ??) IF you decide to stop going to meetings etc... will they still accept you? But beware, they will still want to read Lee's works with you if they remain 'friends' with you. See if they will read a book or listen to a teaching from someone outside the LSM. Bet they won't.

That said,the most important matter to you must be you remain rock solid in your relationship with your Creator should you ever cut the ties.

Remember: On Christ the Solid ROCK we stand. All other ground is sinking sand. And that includes the RcV.

Another factoid to give you encouragement: There is NO LSM/LC/RcV in heaven. The BRIDE is the Holy City New Jerusalem that comes down from HEAVEN. And the BRIDE is not made up of the LSM people of God only.

Quote:
In the early days (the 60's and perhaps 70's), things may have been different. But now the "recovery" is just another Christian denomination. Period. And a peculiar one.
On some levels, it was great! At least in my locality. But by 1977/78, there was such a huge emphasis on 'Brother Lee' being the apostle Paul and the 'oracle of this age'. It went from Christ & the church to Lee & the church, then to Lee & his ministry. :-( which is full of errors & fallacies.

Never forget...Jesus is the Author & Finisher, the Perfector of our Faith. His Spirit will lead us in the path of Righteousness for HIS Name's sake...not anyone else's name.

Blessings & Shalom Truth,
Carol G
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote