View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #51
Jo S

Default Re: I need a church life that isn't led astray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Perhaps another more difficult issue for us ex-LCers is our affliction with judgmentalism. Having been trained for a few decades to judge all things Christian, apart from the MOTA himself, plagues us when leaving the system. I freely admit to being a recovering judgaholic.
I suppose the point of my last post was that those that come out of oppressive groups should take care not to deviate and fall into other extremes, as many are inclined to do, but to rightly apply our faith moving forward.

In Aron's case and many other ex-LC'ers, the issue seemed to be that their "certitude" was dictated for them (along with many other things). But there is another way and it's not defaulting to relying on one's own understanding but to lean on the Lord completely and trust in His certitude. That certainty can be passed on to us through faith. Faith isn't some mystical living moment to moment in a constant unknowingness trusting things will eventually work themselves out. You can surely get answers and we should always be striving to involve God in our pursuit of that. Otherwise this type of faith is a faith of defeatism no matter how it appears. Even if you move mountains, without the active participation of God and His love in your life, your faith ultimately comes to nothing.

In your case of judgementalism, Ohio. The answer isn't to stop judging, as the world would tell you, but to judge righteously. (Jn 7:24).

In other cases, like complete devotion and zeal toward one ministry and one man. The solution isn't to disregard the idea of serving just one man and one ministry. We, as Christians, should be serving only one man and only one ministry with complete devotion and zeal. That is, it should all be pointed toward the man Christ Jesus and his heavenly kingdom alone.

The LC may have failed you in these regards but take care not to let your past experiences taint these important principles for you as you continue on in your walk with Christ.

To those that have left Jesus along with the Local Churches. I am sorry for what you've gone through and I pray for your healing. Your circumstances may have changed but Jesus still is and always will be the way, the truth, the life and the only way to eternity in heaven. Please trust in that. His love is the only love that can heal us and make us whole.

And to the others that seem to be stuck in limbo after leaving the LC's. The most important fellowship is between you and your God. Examine your heart, take time to build on this individually and when He's ready I trust He'll guide you into a new fellowship.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote