View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #5691
Ohio

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
We know what's going on, all of us. All these states see an opportunity to overturn Roe V Wade, with the new republican supreme court configuration.

I remember when Republicans were all up in arms about judicial activism. But I guess that was when they weren't able to do it. They painted it then that it was very wrong. But what does McTurtle care about right and wrong? Merrick Garland is a prime example.

So now they think they've got it all set up ... to finally find a way to control women, using their very own fetuses as hostages. Then women will belong to the state, and even belong to their fetus, not the other way around.

Like it or not, Roe v. Wade or not, women own the fetus within them. The fetus does not own the woman carrying it.

I'm against abortion, but the last thing I want to see is a government that violates the sovereignty of our bodies, male or female.

Pubbies are famous for wanting gov'ment out of our lives ... so they've preached ... but they lie.
Sovereignty of our bodies? What does that mean? There is no such thing. Just move, or talk, or maybe do nothing at all, and you may have just committed a crime.

Roe defined judicial activism. Overturning Roe in not judicial activism. Apparently you don't understand what that means. Overturning Roe simply puts the states in charge of their own people. That is constitutional.

No one is controlling women. We are only trying to protect the unborn. They are not hostages, they are human lives. Can't you understand that? Since when do parents "own" their kids, and have the "right" to murder them?